Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow 2G MDXer's,
I thought I would share results from the recent performance upgrades done on my 2007 MDX Sport. I live in the Chicago area and reached out to Richie at RV-6 Performance for j-pipe development on the MDX since I had previously purchased and installed one on my '04 TL. When I upgraded my daily driver to the MDX I was lacking performance and felt that the MDX was a bit "Sluggish" for a stock SPORT model. I was hoping to gain performance that I achieved in the TL. Richie designed a j-pipe prototype for testing that held up extremely well and provided improved performance. Final production j-pipe was recently completed so I took the MDX to Richie to finalize the upgrade and run some Dyno tests. I was motivated to do more for the MDX community, so I asked Richie if he could also test out HFPC's on the MDX. I was initially interested in the PCD's, but after reading about the potential exhaust smell I decided against PCD's and went with HFPC's.

In addition to the bolt-on's, KTuner used my MDX to design reflashing of the factory ECU maps and now provides ECU base maps which will work right out of the box with RV6 products.
Please check out the link below for details.

RV6 Long Tube Jpipe + KTuner Release Test and Tune Session on 07-09 MDX - AcuraZine Community

I hope you enjoy reading.
Peace,
David

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wow this is amazing..I have a CAI along with the Jpipe and exhaust mid pipe resonators deleted and have the HFPC's sitting at home waiting to be installed..How does the K tune feel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KTune feels awesome, I think that the smoothing of the power curve that was done translates to smoother acceleration and less hesitation in the drive.

How does your mid-muffler delete sound? I saw a video on YouTube of and MDX mid-muffler delete and it sounds super aggressive? Considering this too, but unsure. What do you think?

I did some video clips on my Go-Pro and love how it sounds now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
KTune feels awesome, I think that the smoothing of the power curve that was done translates to smoother acceleration and less hesitation in the drive.

How does your mid-muffler delete sound? I saw a video on YouTube of and MDX mid-muffler delete and it sounds super aggressive? Considering this too, but unsure. What do you think?

i assume your gas mileage has decreased...because you keep flooring it to hear the exhaust!

anyway, any drone on highway cruises? changes to engine response?

·
Registered
274 Posts

The only time it sounds louder than normal is when first cold started for about 10-20 seconds but afterwards it sounds like a g35/37...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Very nice gains and seems to be a nice quality setup. Also interested to see where your gas mileage avg's out to after some time.

It's interesting that there's no mention of any aftermarket intake. Can you verify if these runs were done with a stock intake?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts