Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Western Canada, just wondering how many of you applied rust proofing for your new MDX?

Registered
We do it a little differently south of the mason dixon salt line. I usually spray rust converter to any rust that starts developing on the underside and check it every year to make sure there are no new spots. As to the whole bottom rust proofing since salt is a rarity I've see people use diesel, used oil, etc. I've recommended the Project Farm Video where he looks at the different rust proofers on YouTube. I did live in AK for a while and they use crushed gravel up there and it would chip the paint on the underside of vehicle so you would have to paint the bad spots in the spring to keep them from rusting. I have a 2008 Frontier that came out of Maryland and they used some method of encasing the underside and I can attest to the fact that it did not work and made it worse I had to chip and remove as much as I could then repaint the bad spots and there were many bad spots. I think I got most of it but I bet I removed 2lbs of rust off the underside. So I would not recommend anything that encases the rust. just spray it with rust converter and keep and eye on it. my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.