Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I think the only feedback I've gotten for them is that the bracket holes don't always match the holes on the body, so you need to adjust a bit.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the only feedback I've gotten for them is that the bracket holes don't always match the holes on the body, so you need to adjust a bit.
I found a set for $504 shipped,OEM, I think I wont find any better price than this. shipping fees are expensive!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you pm him here he might better it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Hm! I dont know because price shipped is $715 in the website, I highly doubt he can even match the $504 price.
I have bought a ton of parts from this dealer but for big parts is not so good cause the shipping fees.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just a FYI new owner of a 2016 advance and when you try and take the old rocker panels off this will save you a headache and wait for new clips.

1. after you take the two clips from the underside of the car on both ends dont bother trying to slide the rocker panel off per the instructions.

2. instead take a rubber mallet and tap it slightly and the rocker panel will come right off.

If you do it they way the instructions say you will most likely break the clips like I did. Then you install will come to a halt waiting for new clips which are 4.00 a piece x 28.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Just a FYI new owner of a 2016 advance and when you try and take the old rocker panels off this will save you a headache and wait for new clips.

1. after you take the two clips from the underside of the car on both ends dont bother trying to slide the rocker panel off per the instructions.

2. instead take a rubber mallet and tap it slightly and the rocker panel will come right off.

If you do it they way the instructions say you will most likely break the clips like I did. Then you install will come to a halt waiting for new clips which are 4.00 a piece x 28.
I'm assuming you are talking about the SPORT running boards and not the ADVANCE running boards, correct?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to let you know guys, I ended buying the oem style ones and they looks pretty good and good quality. Easy installation and everything fit perfect. The only difference between these and the OEM is the OEM has the MDX lettering engrave on the plastic but for -$300-$400 F*+¥# the MDX lettering��. I'll use the extra cash that I saved on them to buy a hitch.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no need running boards, after two years on, I took them away and gave back to dealer for free, the body with them looks fat and not sporty and low clearance to the groud, also for the height of MDX, except for a child, definitely no need.
I prefer mine with them!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
no need running boards, after two years on, I took them away and gave back to dealer for free, the body with them looks fat and not sporty and low clearance to the groud, also for the height of MDX, except for a child, definitely no need.
i purchased the Advance Running Boards with my 2017 MDX and I really like the look, but I find that stepping over them is a real pain so I'm thinking about returning them. @realsea, did you have the running boards installed before you returned them? When you say you "gave them back to dealer for free", do you mean they refunded the money you paid for them?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's what I figured. I wonder if there is any residual "damage" from having them installed that will remain after removing them.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
That's what I figured. I wonder if there is any residual "damage" from having them installed that will remain after removing them.
The attachment points are all using existing points in the car rather than making new ones so you won't be leaving anything "damaged" with removal. You will need to get the rocker panels though to cover the attachment area.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts