Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting running boards installed on my 07 MDX, since I didn't do that when I purchased it new. I am having problems with my hip, so getting in and out of the vehicle is tricky these days. :(

My service mgr at the dealership tells me I won't like them, as pant legs, skirts, etc. will get dirty when the weather is bad. (I live in Minnesota.) At this point, I don't care about the aesthetics--I'm just tired of hurting when I try to get in my car.

I want the widest ones I can find, but the Acura Accessories page doesn't say how wide the various options are. Can anyone offer suggestions/thoughts/opinions on the subject? Do you have them? Do you like them? Are they functional or simply for appearance? Responses appreciated.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
There are different OE Options for the Running Boards..
You have the:

1.- Stock Black Running Boards which protrude a little longer and actually work as Running Boards
You have the same 2.- Stock Running Boards but in Chromed
and Finally you have the 3.- Sport Running Board which is in my Honest Opinion totally worthless as Running Board, It looks amazing and completes the looks of the X but do little to nothing to help you get in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts