Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My used 2010 MDX did not come with running boards installed. I purchased some on Amazon, Westin brand ones, and attempted to install them myself. After spending an hour trying to get the brackets bolted onto the car's underside, I only managed to get one bracket semi-bolted in. It appears that the holes are rusted where the thread is. I had to really jam the bolts in to get the first bracket even to be installed half way.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, as the bracket kit is compatible with a 2010 MDX. Really trying not have to pay $120 + tax to have a shop installed, but my injured shoulder is not allowing me to exert too much pressure to really mount those bolts. Anyone else experienced this issue when installing running boards? :frown2:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Try soaking the bolt holes in penetrate first, something like Schaeffer Manufacturing Co. 0190-011S Penetro 90, 13 oz.(tried to post the Amazon link but forum wouldn't let me-I guess I need 4 posts 1st).

If it takes a little of the sting out, I bought an '09 with 13K on it & when I added the OEM Sport boards there was one bolt I just couldn't get to line up & thread right. I believe it was 1 of 5 or 6 on that side & it's been fine for 6 years & 90K miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.