Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear a slight rubber squeaky sound when turn the wheel left or right. It is not coming from the tire rubbing against the ground. Is it possible the noise is coming from the outer tire rod end ball joint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spent a good solid 5 hours removing outer tie rods and shaking and twisting the wheel hub assembly trying to figure out the rubber squeaky noise. Fighting with the locknuts for 45 minutes and it just won’t budge and finally a big heavy duty adjustable wrench and brute force did the job. The rubber boot end of the tie rod came off easily with a good smack with a 5 lbs hammer. I didn’t have the new outer end tie rods handy so I put them back. While trying to do the other side I discovered the rubber squeaky noise is coming from the upper joint of the MOG end link sway bar! I installed this a few months ago! Next time I am using the OEM part.

Going to order a set of oem outer tie rod and do this all over again and it should be easy this time. As for the rubber squeaky on the MOG sway bar end link I just sprayed PB ( that is all I have at the time) and the noise is gone, fore now. If the noise is coming back and it gets worse I will replace it with the OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts