Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the RPM by about 50 RPM. I run most of the time between 675 and 715 in idle in D and I have a slight vibration. On the day's I run at around 750 Ron, it is perfectly smooth. Is there a way to adjust the RPM on this beast?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nope. Of course nothing is completely impossible if you were to install a custom chip that had the capability of custom parameters maybe, but otherwise the ECM is pretty well locked down. Have you considered that you may be due for a good "tune up" that would include a throttle body cleaning, fuel injector cleaning, etc., that could result in a slightly higher idle?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done all of that and egr passages cleaned and egr replaced, pcv replacement, valve adjustment. I guess I thought at 130k miles the Acura would still be perfect. I may just have to accept a slight vibration at idle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know my bank 2 us running a little leaner based on scanner readings, but I can't figure it out unless I messed up the valve adjustments on bank 2. I highly doubt it though

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I know my bank 2 us running a little leaner based on scanner readings, but I can't figure it out unless I messed up the valve adjustments on bank 2. I highly doubt it though
Does your scanner reading looks similar to this? This is my scanner reading at idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On mine the long-term 2nd bank is -7. The others are near 0 +- 2 which is perfect. I just saw some oil residue on my 2nd bank valve covers. I wonder if that is attributing to it, a small leak

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Have you done the idle relearn procedure after unhooking the battery? That's a large cause of why the RPM's will dip low and cause vibration at idle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts