·
Registered
1,975 Posts
front vs. rear rotors?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at the front only. Acura catalog says 17", centric or napa ultra premium {Raybestos} says 13" on the part number that fits mdx.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Front: 330 mm rotors
So yes, 13" rotors.

Also, OEM front rotor 45251-STX-H01 box dimensions should tell the story pretty well: L: 13.5 x W: 13.3 x H: 2.0 (inches)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have to replace mi front brakes n rotors and I was looking into an aftermarket called "callahan " they have drilled holes n slots (nice look ) I've also read good reviews on them on many different veichles ... I'm debating if I should get them or go oem

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Have you run slotted and/or drilled rotors before? There will be a "pulsing" of sorts coming from the slots, drilled not so much. To be honest, in a vehicle like the MDX, unless you're planning to really push it (doubtful you would autocross it), slots and holes really don't provide you any benefits other than some extra airflow through the holes. They cost extra money to have those as well, so I would look for aftermarket blanks if anything. Just my recommendation, but it is entirely up to you.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thinking logically here for a sec...how would a 17" rotor with a caliper possibly fit inside an 18" wheel? 13" is surely the right answer.
Quit bringing your common sense in here. ;) Forums generally work due to the lack of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They're 13". I just replaced my drilled and slotted disks last weekend. I ended up just putting the OEM rotors back on. The drilled & slotted ones seemed warped really bad and that feeling was driving me nuts! I drove the aftermarket D&S ones for about 18 months before they warped. The stopping power had maybe a marginal difference in stopping compared to OEM in my opinion... I'm sure that's debatable though. But they looked really nice! I'm gonna have them machined and ready when the OEM ones finally warp, and put them back on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts