Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! So I have bought my first MDX and definitely in need of a roof rack. I've purchased the Acura flush mount side rails, but am on the fence about the factory cross bars vs Thule or Yakima. I know factory limits how wide I can go, but that's not entirely necessary since I have the attachments for bike/kayak racks that will fit.

My question is more aesthetic/aerodynamic. Do you prefer the Acura cross bars or another brand and why? What do you think looks better on the MDX?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I did OEM roof/cross bars and OEM hitch+harness. I haven't had a chance to use my roof rack or hitch because of the lockdown. I don't know if my roof box will even fit on my 19 MDX? I do have the following when I return to traveling:
  • Yakima Rocketbox
  • StowAway Max swing out carrier
  • Saris platform rack for up to 4 bikes
For looks, OEM does look better than aftermarket if you plan to keep on the vehicle 24/7/365. You might have more flexibility with aftermarket if you have more than one type of extra storage/toys to place on the roof. I like my roof box for long items like skis and beach umbrellas; but, the wife can't access being 4'11". Usually use the hitch mounted cargo box mostly because of less drag, zero noise, easy to access, and I don't have to worry about height restrictions. I have two 4" fat tire eMTB that come in +70 lbs and I couldn't put those on the roof if I wanted.

Reactions: cpowelldc
1 - 2 of 2 Posts