Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Few more ?s about VWADAPT

I was at GI Joe's this weekend to get some of those square headed bolts, but salespeople there had no idea what I was talking about. Is this something that REI carries or do you have to order from Thule through REI? It would also help a lot if someone could post some pictures of how they used these square headed bolts to attach bike racks, ski racks, cargo boxes, etc. If I get this setup someday, I'll post some. Also, can you mount Yakima stuff using these bolts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Mad-

REI is useless for anything other than what they have on the shelf.

You can contact Thule and find out who sells their racks other than REI (like a real roof rack/hitch shop). I know of one in San Carlos, CA. There are plenty.

I'll see if I can bum a camera to snap some pics. But you've got the right part # (VWADAPT)- persevere

Ard

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Search ...

... my "userid" and "roof rack" I removed my rack a while back and posted several detailed messages on what all is involved. So search the roof rack and my id. Good luck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just found out that Thule cargo boxes can be mounted directly onto the factory roof racks using their universal clamps. These clamps fit Yakima and Thule crossbars and most of factory roof racks. I was told that clamps are big enough for MDX roof racks but you need to drill new holes in the bottom of the cargo box to fit the 31.5" difference between the front and rear roof rack. I just hope that my tailgate deflector won't hit the box when the rear hatch is open. Has anyone mounted one with rear deflector? Does it fit ok? Thanks.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.