Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yakima fits on MDX

Here is the latest on Yakima fits for the MDX. A Q clip is in the works, and should be out this Summer. The factory rack may not get in the way, but I don't know for certain.

MightyMounts are still out of the picture. Sounds like the cost of producing a custom clip may out pace demand, but again I'm not certain that this is the reason.

The LoadWarrior is a confirmed fit right out of the box. It's a big basket, and the front and rear frame members are the same size as the Yakima cross bars, so Yakima bike, ski and boat mounts will fit right on to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MDX, factory rack or ?

The MDX factory rack will look the best, but the availability of accessories is an issue. The bars are an odd shape, and Yakima is not going to produce adapters.

The Q towers are not going to look as "factory", but they hardly look industrial. The only time you see the clips are when the doors are open, and then it's just a black strip. Some people have been known to trim the cross bars for a more custom look, and all it takes is a hack saw. The end caps cover up the cuts, so no one would know. The only real down side is that you need to take off the rack before you go into a car wash, but with the attendants help, I can put mine back on in about 3 min.

Other brands may be about the same story, but I can't say for sure. The aesthetics are, of course, subjective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.