Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, can I add a roof rack to my base MDX? It sounds like the rail molding comes out and the Acura rack fits in. What about putting an aftermarket rack (Yakima) in the slots? Any ideas? Price for the Acrua rack? thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yakima adapter

Thanks. Already have 13 years of Yakima racks and accessories. Very satisfied. Do you know if / when Yakima has the adapters yet? I have old adapter that fit Ford Explorer tracks - would assume the MDX would have a similar adaptor??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another idea m- what's under the molding?

Another idea / question. While I don't have the MDX yet - when it comes in I will peak under the exisiting roof molding. I'm hoping there will be a slot, similar to an Explorer I had 6 years ago. If that's the case, all that will be necessary are four galvanized plates, cut to fit the slot, and threaded center holes to which the rack mounts will attach. Now it there are not any slots on the roof, I'll have to scratch my head some more and figure out another approach. If this works, it's a $10 and under solution. For some reason, I'm assuming it will be a bit harder than this!!??

Any current owners peaked under the rubber strip on their roof and can give me an idea of what's underneath??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.