Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install Roof Rack and Roof box for 2020 MDX Hybrid.
Does anyone have recommendation on which roof rack kit (OEM?) and Roof box that will work?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the OEM roof rails and crossbars and use SportRack SR7040 Cargo Box. Fits perfectly, no interference with the hatch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks....my search took me to the horizon model.
Is it better to have the opening at the back or side like Yakima Rocket box?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Having the opening at the side would be easier to load but I had no problems loading 4 large duffel bags plus some smaller items. I also use a small plastic step stool that makes things even easier.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have a Yakima Rocket Box and it opens and locks from both sides. Zero issues with dust, dirt, or moisture/rain getting into the box at hwy speeds of 75-80 mph.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do you have a pic of what the Yakima Rocket Box looks like installed on your vehicle? Not sure if you already posted in another thread or not as there have been a few on roof boxes.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I haven't tried my Yakima roof box on my 19 MDX yet. I got the roof box for my 08 RDX and it also fit my 11 MDX. I haven't had the need to used the roof box yet or do a test fit on the new vehicle. I like my swing out cargo carrier better since it isn't effected by wind drag, crosswinds, wind noise, or height restrictions in parking garages. Another big plus with the hitch mounted box is my 4'11" wife can access it.

Stowaway2 Max: StowAway Cargo Carriers - Versatility in Action.

Reactions: bobby2478
1 - 9 of 9 Posts