Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what roof boxes people have installed on their 2022 Acura MDX’s and does anybody have pictures to show looks and clearance with the tailgate? I’m considering ordering the Acura box, has anybody ordered that and do you know who really makes that for Acura? I’m also considering Thule but I’d like to know what size boxes fit the new Acura MDX as their website configurator doesn’t work with Acura it appears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a THULE Atlantis 687/BXT and it was too long and the lift gate hit the back and caused some minor scratches. The fixed crossbars pose an issue.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You can adjust the front Cross Bar to the most forward position. You can also change the amount of height the back tailgate door opens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering the Acrua brand mid-sized box for my 2022 MDX. Does anyone know how easy it is to install on the cross bars? I don't want to drill anything, but if it just clips on, I hate to pay for installation. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering the Acrua brand mid-sized box for my 2022 MDX. Does anyone know how easy it is to install on the cross bars? I don't want to drill anything, but if it just clips on, I hate to pay for installation. Thanks!
Here is the link to a lot of the accessory installation information. 2022 Acura MDX Accessory Installation Instructions - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

I don't see the crossbars installation there but I know I saw it somewhere. I will keep searching.

Edited Here is the link for the crossbar installation. http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BAM16037-01.PDF

·
Registered
493 Posts
Make sure you remove the small rubber plugs in the front to rear railing and screw the rear crossbar into the correct position. The front crossbar can be put into one of two positions. The installation is very easy. I saved the 4 rubber plugs incase I want to remove the crossbars. The Acura instructions are not very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts