Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 150 Posts

· Registered
587 Posts
Has anyone bought a spare wheel and tire in Canada to replace the OEM spare. I'm going to call around and see what kind of a deal I can find, just wondered what others may have paid. Doesn't look as though anyone visits here very often. Thanks.

· Registered
10,735 Posts
feliz said:
Has anyone bought a spare wheel and tire in Canada to replace the OEM spare. I'm going to call around and see what kind of a deal I can find, just wondered what others may have paid. Doesn't look as though anyone visits here very often. Thanks.
Actually, I ordered my full size Mich spare from 1010tires.com in Vancouver. Very fast delivery and a couple of bucks cheaper than tirerack at the time.

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys!
I am new to this site but have loved the x since its inception. I am looking to pick up a '04 but am wondering if anyone can recommend a good dealership in the Toronto vacinity. Appreciate any feed back.

· Registered
56 Posts
bought my x at Acura North Toronto(yonge & Steeles) pretty good dealership, also there service department closes at midnight during the week. Ask for Wilson in sales if you decide,good guy.

· Registered
12 Posts
Hey thanks for your reply X Up North. I will be sure to check out the dealership/saleman once I hear more about the 04's. I was curious though - did you get to negotiate under msrp or were they "firm" as I have been told by another dealership?

· Registered
56 Posts
Paid sticker at the time for my 2002 ($48,000), because you are waiting for the 2004, be expected to pay sticker, however you can probably get a good deal on any remaining 2003 that are left. Good luck and post some pics when you decide.

· Registered
50 Posts
I'm having second thoughts about geting the pilot alpins (they are not near as good a snow tire as the artic alpins) but I was talking to a guy at Steelcase Tire (Steels and Woodbine) and he recommened a Nokian GT tire. it's an all season tire with a snow rating (got the little snowflake symbol). From some of the reviews I've read, these are supposed to be great tires for snow and quiet. Also they are all seasons so you would not need to change them out. This steelcase guy said he just replaced a set on a X just last week. Price was $179 balanced, installed, etc

· Registered
12 Posts
backup warning device

Hello Mac, I have a 2001 mdx, how much does the backup warning device cost (including installation)?

mac said:
I live in Willowdale. We have a small aftermarket performance auto parts company. We sell one touch up and down modules for most power window systems. I had four modules installed in my MDX and now have one touch up & down capability on all four windows. We are also dealers for the Poron backup warning device if any of you are interested.

· Registered
50 Posts
I think u can buy them from Tim but you will have to do a bit if drilling to make to holes for the sensors. Unless the poron version is mounted somewhere else

· Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You'll find tons of info on this site about virtually everything you need to know about your X. Congrats

· Registered
50 Posts
Depends on which side steps you're looking for. If you want the Acura brand stuff, then go to Tim's website (www.hondaacuraworld.com) and get pricing from him (he's located in buffalo). Those steps are much cheaper than what you can get from the dealers here. If you are looking for a brand name steps like Manik, then try Truck and Van World, they have a bunch of locations around TO.

· Registered
12 Posts
superdave said:
Depends on which side steps you're looking for. If you want the Acura brand stuff, then go to Tim's website (www.hondaacuraworld.com) and get pricing from him (he's located in buffalo). Those steps are much cheaper than what you can get from the dealers here. If you are looking for a brand name steps like Manik, then try Truck and Van World, they have a bunch of locations around TO.
Great, thanks Superdave.

· Registered
5,046 Posts
I live in Suffolk County on Long Island. I ordered my MDX in September of 2001 and picked up my baby on November 29, 2001.
Purchased at Acura of Valley Stream in Nassau County, Long Island.
My baby is up to 42,000 miles and going strong except for my tranny replacement no major problems. Had my brake clunk fixed when I replaced the front and rear pads as a courtesy for the warped rotors. The clunk has not come back and it has been 12,000 miles already.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Pauls MDX said:
I live in Suffolk County on Long Island. I ordered my MDX in September of 2001 and picked up my baby on November 29, 2001.
Purchased at Acura of Valley Stream in Nassau County, Long Island.
My baby is up to 42,000 miles and going strong except for my tranny replacement no major problems. Had my brake clunk fixed when I replaced the front and rear pads as a courtesy for the warped rotors. The clunk has not come back and it has been 12,000 miles already.
Paul, wrong thread
:eek:

· Registered
50 Posts
either that or welcome to Canana :D

41 - 60 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.