Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 MDX with 127k miles. I have had rattling sounds around 1,800 RPMs that turned out to be loose heat shields but I also hear a different "rocking" type sound when I go over bumps at low speeds (5-10 mph). Specifically it sounds like from the right side, possibly right rear. Has anyone encountered this before?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I cannot identify in my mind what you mean by "rocking".

Is it creaking or clunking?

I would check the sway bar links and bushings - these are the easiest to replace yourself with just taking the wheel off.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts

I would check the sway bar links and bushings - these are the easiest to replace yourself with just taking the wheel off.

I am experiencing the same problem and it comes from the from suspension when driving over heavy bumpy street. What part of the suspension do I check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes I guess I would say it has a creaking type sound, not a rattle like the heat shields had.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
How can you tell if the front sway bar linkage is bad or making clunky sound or not . I raised the front and removed the wheel and tried to move the linkage by hand but it is rock solid. Do you need an alignment after replacing the linkage?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
How can you tell if the front sway bar linkage is bad or making clunky sound or not . I raised the front and removed the wheel and tried to move the linkage by hand but it is rock solid.
If it's rock solid, it's probably not the cause of the clunk. Have you taken a look at the sway bar bushings? Also, in the front tie rod ends or the tie rods themselves (joints) can cause clunks.

Do you need an alignment after replacing the linkage?
Acura recommends checking alignment and redoing it if it's out of spec.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
If it's rock solid, it's probably not the cause of the clunk. Have you taken a look at the sway bar bushings? Also, in the front tie rod ends or the tie rods themselves (joints) can cause clunks.

Acura recommends checking alignment and redoing it if it's out of spec.

I will check the sway bar bushing and end tie rod

·
Registered
895 Posts
When I had my 11 Advance, I had a creaking sound on the right side when I went over speed bumps, etc. Dealer replaced both right side shocks under my AcuraCare extended warranty and no more creaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts