Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an 'X with a rocker panel molding? I saw a couple on the lot at Springfield Acura in NJ when I was visiting back in March.

The one I remember was a SS and it looked great. Of course I wasn't accessory mad at the time and didn't pay too much attention!! It covered about the bottom third of the doors. It looked good and would be a good way to prevent the dreaded dings :eek: I called the dealership today, but the guy who orders these was out today.

Tim, would you be able to get the information on these and get some "real" pricing. This is the famous dealership that charges $4K+ over MSRP, so I'm not sure what crazy numbers they would give me!

Anyone living in NJ willing to take a drive over and get a picture? It seems to be a forced option they like to put on the cars. I will be in NJ next week but probably won't have time to do this myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Ms. MDX,

Are you talking about those Door Edge guard? I saw it on one of demo 'X at my dealership. But somehow, I couldn't find anyone sells it.

I asked Tim earlier, but he doesn't have it as well. :mad:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim,
I will call their parts department tomorrow. I had spoken to a sales person before and they would not give me any info. Can I tell the parts guy that you are helping me out? Maybe some name-dropping will help me get the information :eek:

JTM,
I don't think we saw the same product. "Door edge guard" sounds like something that would go on the edge of the door. What I saw goes on the lower third of the door panels. I guess you could call it a really wide body side molding, but much better looking.

I guess I'll make a big effort to swing by there when I go to NJ next week. This could be a good solution for the dings :4:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone ever figure out if this is available? About ready to buy Body Side Molding but wanted to check this out first.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was the original poster. I did speak to someone at the Springfield NJ dealer. It has been a while, but I think the price they quoted was $300-$400. I never made it back to NJ to look at it again on one of their 'Xs. A local body shop is painting and installing for them. Dealer would not tell me who made the product.

I guess it is similar to the rocker panel molding on the Jeep Grand Cherokee - with ridges, but not as chunky. I only saw it at their dealership once and I liked the look, but it was before I found this site and I didn't pay attention to the details :rolleyes: .

Best bet would be if someone from NJ would go to Springfield Acura and try to get a picture of an 'X with this accessory installed.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Ms. Mdx said:

Best bet would be if someone from NJ would go to Springfield Acura and try to get a picture of an 'X with this accessory installed.
That would be great.

I have not gotten BSM's because IMHO they take away from the clean lines/looks of the MDX while proving minimal at best protection from dings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am surprised that you found the body panels to look better. In my opinion the Jeep Cherokee side panels made the car look cheap but I guess that's why God invented Chocolate and Vanilla. Still would love to see what it would look like.

I actually live in NJ-About 30 minutes from that dealership. Afraid to admin I am very lazy and don't know when I could make it to Springfield. If/when I do, I'll take the camera so I can post a pix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts