Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives a 2013 MDX that just rolled 59,000 miles. We’ve recently noticed that when you’re cruising between 40 and 55 or 60 mph and you’re pressing the gas to where the transmission is slightly pulling at the 1,500 rpm range, the rpm’s will just fluctuate between about 1,300ish and 1,700ish. It’s annoying enough that you either have to let off the gas and let it slow down a little or just press it harder to get it to speed up and drive through it. I’ve also noticed that it shifts WAY harder in all gears now, especially your lower gears when starting from a stop. Anybody got any ideas what the issue is?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
have you done a transmission fluid change?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I’d start there. You’re due, based on mileage, and you’re way over-due based on age.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I had this show up around 100k miles and I've done the 1x trans fluid drain and fills every 30k miles. I did a 3x drain and fill and the problem has been gone for 20k miles now. So I would probably recommend a 3x particularly if you haven't changed the fluid yet in 60k miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had this show up around 100k miles and I've done the 1x trans fluid drain and fills every 30k miles. I did a 3x drain and fill and the problem has been gone for 20k miles now. So I would probably recommend a 3x particularly if you haven't changed the fluid yet in 60k miles.

I honestly don’t know if it has never been changed. My wife’s mom usually will take it to the dealership for her to get the services done and she’s the type that will do whatever they “recommend” so it may have been done. I really don’t know. I read another thread where it seems to be a common issue and there is even a TSB out on it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I also recommend checking the fluid change...if in doubt, get it done, it helps my 2011 big time...TSB has been done...it will come back without regular change...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please google. “Mdx 2013 transmission shudder” there was a technical bulletin that sounded very close to what you are describing and called for 3x transmission fluid flush and I believe new software for transmission performed free by dealer. Hope that this is the issue and dealer fixes it for you for free.

·
Registered
306 Posts
why do a 3x drain and fill when a 2x is "just as good"?:moon:
Just kidding, definitely do the 3x drain and fill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts