Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
22 Acura MDX Advanced SH-AWD
45 Posts
Update on the Ceramic!! I decided to go with the lifetime package that gives 4 layers instead of one. The total OTD price was $2,200 and it looks amazing! I am very particular with my vehicles especially the paint, but it truly is flawless like a show car finish. I highly recommend Savannah CeramicPro if you are in the Savannah Ga area. When I picked it up it went straight into the garage and I had to go to work so I’ll post some pictures in the next day or so. This is the first vehicle I’ve had ceramic applied on and it is so slick like a car after it’s freshly waxed but a million times slicker and smoother.

Here it is after a short rain washing all the pollen off and looking amazing.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like almost everything in my new ASpec, but the loud left door rattling sound is driving me crazy. Door glass or something inside the door is loose I think. Other doors are fine. Received the car two days ago and will ask for it to be serviced already on the first week...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like almost everything in my new ASpec, but the loud left door rattling sound is driving me crazy. Door glass or something inside the door is loose I think. Other doors are fine. Received the car two days ago and will ask for it to be serviced already on the first week...
This turned out to be the the sun visor., I figured it out tonight.. one of the hinges close to the left door glass side was unhooked, and tapping the ceiling... all good now :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is a setting in the sound menu where you can change the volume of the blinker. If you put it on low, it is still a bit louder than I would like, but it is better! My biggest annoyance is that no matter where you leave the zoom on the nav, when you restart the car, it starts all the way zoomed in.
I cannot find the turn signal volume setting. Could you give me a step by step? Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Update on the Ceramic!! I decided to go with the lifetime package that gives 4 layers instead of one. The total OTD price was $2,200 and it looks amazing! I am very particular with my vehicles especially the paint, but it truly is flawless like a show car finish. I highly recommend Savannah CeramicPro if you are in the Savannah Ga area. When I picked it up it went straight into the garage and I had to go to work so I’ll post some pictures in the next day or so. This is the first vehicle I’ve had ceramic applied on and it is so slick like a car after it’s freshly waxed but a million times slicker and smoother.
I can't see how this justifies the cost. I've had my 2009 MDX since it was new and the paint still looks great. Are you claiming that the ceramic coating is worth $2200? I don't know anything about them myself but it seems like a way to part marks from their money as modern auto finishes are fairly robust. I do have a 2020 RX350 as well and it I am told by Lexus dealers that the paint is "soft". Is that the case with new Acuras now as well? If the paint is soft and subject to damage perhaps the ceramic coating makes sense but I've not heard that Acura paint is soft.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't see how this justifies the cost. I've had my 2009 MDX since it was new and the paint still looks great. Are you claiming that the ceramic coating is worth $2200? I don't know anything about them myself but it seems like a way to part marks from their money as modern auto finishes are fairly robust. I do have a 2020 RX350 as well and it I am told by Lexus dealers that the paint is "soft". Is that the case with new Acuras now as well? If the paint is soft and subject to damage perhaps the ceramic coating makes sense but I've not heard that Acura paint is soft.
Yes it is totally worth it. You would have to do a little Google research and it will explain it better than I could. I do not know anything regarding paint quality etc.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Auto makers started using eco-friendly paint and the durability of paint goes down the drain across the board. It is really stupid if they consider the extra cost of repaint, or using something like these. That being said, I still think it costs too much.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Auto makers started using eco-friendly paint and the durability of paint goes down the drain across the board. It is really stupid if they consider the extra cost of repaint, or using something like these. That being said, I still think it costs too much.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
I would suggest you not get it then. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cannot find the turn signal volume setting. Could you give me a step by step? Thanks
Go into settings, then Vehicle sub menu, select Meter setup, then Adjust alarm volume. Perfectly logical right? I only found this because I need to press every single button on a new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I looked and cannot find any setting for the turn signal volume. What am I missing?
I just found it. Go to Vehicle Settings, then Meter, then Alarm, and you’ll be able to select High, Medium or Low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just found it. Go to Vehicle Settings, then Meter, then Alarm, and you’ll be able to select High, Medium or Low.
Thank You very much for the settings info. It wasn't exactly what you said but it led me in the right direction. Really appreciate the help.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts