Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problem getting their original parts back such as steering wheel and shift knob when they had the dealer change them for wood steering wheel and the wood shift knob.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
javajim said:
Has anyone had any problem getting their original parts back such as steering wheel and shift knob when they had the dealer change them for wood steering wheel and the wood shift knob.
No problem whatsoever. The dealer left the original parts (steering wheel & shift knob) in the X. :4:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The dealer kept the leather wheel but gave me the leather shift knob. I asked for the wheel, but was told by the salesman - they couldn't return it for "safety reasons". I knew that was BS, but since I didn't pay for the wheel, I ignored the remark.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Some dealers, or dealer employees, have been selling "take-off" leather steering wheels on eBay. So that's probably what happens to some of them that aren't returned to the customer. They don't bring much (usually around $15) compared to what you'd have to pay for a new one, because there just isn't much demand right now. In 10 years or something, when lots of the original ones are in bad shape, these "take-offs" will be worth more. (If you see one on eBay cheap, and you think you'll have the MDX for a long while, you might consider buying one and putting it away for a rainy day).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts