Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

First time poster... just wondering if anyone has or knows if it's possibly to retrofit the Auto-dimming power folding side mirrors and/or Auto-levelling front headlamps to the Navi package? I guessing besides the parts there would be some software part that would need to be updated. not to sure if that's a completely new firmware or just logically enabling the feature on the existing firmware.

TIA!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
There's a thread here where a poster ordered the folding side mirrors from Canada and retrofitted them to his USA spec MDX. He documented it well in the thread. It wasn't simple and straightforward and was costly. I can't see doing it unless you 'really' think you need power folding side mirrors. I suspect you could just fold them by hand when you need to a thousand times or more in the time it'd take to do this upgrade.

Here's the thread by poster 'FlameRed' -
http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-third-generation-mdx-2014-present/66866-quest-power-folding-mirrors.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks the link. I wonder how different it is on a Canadian MDX (I'm in Canada), seems like it's still a lot of work, was hoping both the lights and mirrors would have been plug n play for the most part. I'll have to look around for the manuals or order them to see if there's a major difference

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It'd be nice if the Canadian ones were prebuilt with the harness and connectors in place since that seems to have been an issue for Flamered. At least you can probably easily buy the folding mirrors.

It might be worth talking to a dealership about them adding them since it's something they may routinely do in Canada.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts