Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

The maint minder pops up different codes at15% as you all know

If I were to reset my oil life right now (I'm at 50%, want to do an experiment) ... will the correct codes still pop up when the oil life reaches 15% next time around or will this manual reset mess up some sequence?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
since you're at 50%, if you reset now then it will go back to 100%, but when reach 15% the reminder will pop up again.

basically each reset you're resetting 1 service record from the computer reminder.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
My theory is if you reset before the 15% reminder, you also reset any 1-6 service codes not shown. I don't know this for sure. I sometimes to early/extra maint (AT fluid changes, early oil if going out of town, engine/cabin filter, etc...) and I always let the Acura tech know and they can reset the individual 1-6 codes (showing or not showing) at anytime.

I have another theory if your a due or overdue for an 1-6 service, the M.I.D. might shorten your oil life % to perform the 1-6 service sooner. Some folks have commented on how the oil life % can drop a lot with exact same driving habits. The engineers probably figured changing the engine oil early is better than doing a 1-6 service late.

Reactions: CodeAdam10
1 - 3 of 3 Posts