Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm owner of Sienna, and trying to upgrade car (not immediately) for more luxurious. MDX seems to be nice - so plenty info on Internet.. yet I do have some concerns...
1. Very few on the roads - that's always not best indicator
2. someone told me that had awful experienced , am not sure what it was, but from what I have researched - TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS!!
3. Am not huge fun of premium
4. Hybrid can't tow...

Other than that.. Hoping for some clarification/likes especially for fact of not to many around.. why??

I'll be aiming for car in a year, and for model 2018. Don't want to pump in brand-new car. Our other is S60 R-Desing Volvo and love that one.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Whereabots are you located? I see tons of various generation MDXs on the road all the time, including latest models. In fact, if I'm driving, I don't think there was a day I didn't see at least one car around even on a 5-10 minute ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Whereabots are you located? I see tons of various generation MDXs on the road all the time, including latest models. In fact, if I'm driving, I don't think there was a day I didn't see at least one car around even on a 5-10 minute ride.
South outskirts of Cleveland, OH... Very sporadic on the roads, yet in my area in fact (i.e. my neighborhood) I've seen 3 today walking with my dog, lol.

p.s. to me that lamented double screen is not a big deal. More am not pleased with high octane but I think Hybrid would nicely compensate for higher of it's price.

I am also considering Enclave.. I know nothing about ride, that's still ahead of me... Palasade from Hyundai seems to be nice, but it's brand-new car, and I will not gain any advantage for price. In addition, I suspect it is not as quiet as either one mentioned here.

actually read on this forum about transmission problems people have with MDX 2017/18.. I think I quit.. it's a major glitch.. disregard my question... am not even going into for the test drive... enough for me.. Transmission stinks with lot's of money spend on it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am considering taking a bath on my MDX to trade it in for an AWD Sienna. Not sure how old your Sienna is but My buddy has one and it has more room, more tech you’ll actually use and less unexplainable problems.

You’re going to miss the Sienna space. The MDX is too tight for my family of 5 and 2 dogs. Oh and it leaves us stranded for no reason at times. Has your Sienna just not start for no reason? That’s what you can expect from an MDX. There was this Penguin guy on this board that was in love with the MDX and then he started having silly issues with it and it got to the point he cut his losses and traded in for a Volvo.

Sadly Honda’s are not what they used to be. Engines are great but they can’t seem to figure out Electronics or Transmissions. Ever since they started making these in Alabama they seem to have become just like every other American made car. Great for 3 years or 100k miles and then an unreliable POS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts