Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The middle seats in our 2001 MDX have been broken (won't fold) since we bought it 3 years ago. I have seen the thread on repairing but looks a little deep for me. I found a decent middle seat pair in junkyard that matched color and bought 'em for $100. I thought the donor was a 2001 but it turns out it was a 2002 and of course Honda had to change the mounting brackets between those models. Has anyone made this switch work? I stopped at removing the front bolts for the passenger side (smaller of the two seats, might be easier to start there?) when I looked at the rails and saw the differences. The 2002 seats, cleaned up, are nearly perfect. Maybe if I went ahead and fully removed the smaller seat I would see if the swap is feasible. Help, anybody?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
There's a good chance that the mounting brackets (bottom-most parts) are all that are different... but you won't know until you pull out one of the old seats. OTOH, you might be able to google 2001 seat photos and see what the differences are.

Bottom line is that it's probably quicker to just pull the rear seat out to see, than to spend a whole lot of time researching the differences. Most times you can pull a seat out in just a few minutes (haven't done that one myself, but I doubt it's much different than many other rear/middle seats I've removed).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts