Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Removing Radio / NAV unit

Your post inspired me to tear my dash apart. I've been wanting to test an RF Modulator in the MDX so... here are the pictures and steps I took to do it...

First remove the coin tray and with a stubby phillips screwdriver, remove 3 screws in the area of the green arrows.

Attachments

· Registered
47 Posts
Removing the wood trim

Next, pull down on the metal top of the coin tray holder (the part that the screws where holding up). Stick your hand in the gap created by pulling down on the coin holder. Press outwards on the three tabs to seperate the bottom of the wood trim piece. The three tabs are circled in green below...

Once the bottom is separated, pull outwards with slow gental pressure to release the tabs on the sides.

Do the same for the top area then slide the panel straight out towards you about 2 - 3 inches.

Attachments

· Registered
47 Posts
Disconnect wires

Each connection point for the Hazard Lights, Interior Lights and the Climate Control buttons have a "tab" in the center of the connector, press this tab in then pull the connector straight back to disconnect it. Remove the wood trim piece.

Attachments

· Registered
47 Posts
just about done...

Now you can pull the Radio Nav unit out and get to the connectors on the back of the units.

There are only two connectors on the back of the NAV screen both with the center "tab" disconnects.

Shown below are the 4 screws on each side of the radio to remove the radio from the MDX.

Hopefully this will help you some... Good luck and don't let those sharp metal tabs on the sides of the Radio / NAV assembly scratch the dash covering around the Radio / NAV hole.

Take care...
-Jay

Attachments

· Registered
47 Posts
Changer

I don't have a picture of the back of the unit... but it's actually a Pioneer 6 disc changer, not an Alpine. At least in the touring/Navi setup I have. -or- do you mean you are hooking up an Alpine changer?... anyway the changer is by Pioneer and the Nav unit is by Alpine...
-Jay

· Registered
47 Posts
RF Modulator

I think the easiest way to get video sound into the unit would be with an RF Modulator. I have an RF Modulator that I've had for a couple of years that I hooked up but it must be bad.
Anyone have a recommendation on a RF FM Modulator? Also a source with a good price?
Also, if you didn't want to tear your dash apart and didn't mind a small wire on the front of your radio, you could go with one of those cassette adapters. I've been using one with a portable MP3 player and it works great, the wire is the only drawback.
Thanks
-Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.