Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Lucky! I havent seen one in person yet. But I have heard echoes of what you mentioned ("not quite as nice as the MDX")

Alas, after backing our TL into a spot today, I took at look at the front axle and the left front boot is torn into 3 pieces. So, its done. Dont feel like paying the labor-filled bill to get them fixed, so this might be the end of our ownership of the TL.

Looks like we'll be deciding in the next week or so what will replace it. As much as I liked the MDX, I cant see lugging around all that vehicle that we would only use 1 or 2% of the time. On the flipside, the TLX is the strongest contender of the sedans we drove (minus the Tesla Model S that I surely cannot afford)
<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style>[FONT=&quot]The TLX is very nice. If I were able to get [FONT=&quot]a car that would be at the top of my list as well. The prices for Teslas are dropping dramatically though. I guess the D's and the coming X have tempered demand for the S, at least in our area where AWD is a much more desired feature. Preowned Model S's are selling Chicago in the $60k range, and that is through Tesla with a warranty. Granted they are 60's and go very quickly, but they are becoming more readily available at the lower price points with low miles.

As for my replacement vehicle, I was told to expect pretty decent changes to the 2017 model MDX that will be released in 2016. While it won't be the complete refresh that is coming around 2020, it may be enough to offer some separation from the new Pilot. I am not sure what is coming but if it bumps the gas mileage up I may wait.

Also, another reason for staying with the MDX smacked me in the [FONT=&quot]grill[/FONT] this past weekend. While driving home from Chicago with family, I met a pretty nice sized deer. I saw her just coming under a Honda Odyssey in front of me and rolling towards my vehicle and I was going to meet her broadside at 70+mph. I really had no way of missing her since I didn't want to put the family in danger by trying to avoid her at high speed with a car on my right side and a concrete barrier on my left. Plus I didn't want to drop the nose by braking and risk it coming over the hood.

So, I just accelerated into her and luckily rolled right over her. Sounded like I hit a small boulder and everyone sleeping woke up yelling, "what was that??" with a few choice additional words. But from what I can tell the only damage was that it knocked the small air deflector under the grill loose and the very bottom non painted plastic grill had a few vertical grill bars separated at the top but not noticeable at all unless you push them.

The deflector still had all of the tabs in tact, except one so it looks like it c[FONT=&quot]an[/FONT] be reattached. I am taking it in for a complete check just to be safe, but surprisingly I saw no other damage and it still drives fine.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The X performed far better than I ever would have expected and I am going to have a hard t[FONT=&quot]ime jumping to another brand or model at this point. Shoot, the Finding Nemo DVD they were watching didn't even skip[FONT=&quot]![/FONT] lol[/FONT][/FONT]

Discussion starter · #42 ·

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style>[FONT=&quot]The TLX is very nice. If I were able to get [FONT=&quot]a car that would be at the top of my list as well. [/FONT][/FONT]
Oops, sorry. Meant the TSX. Love the TLX too, but test drove a TSX recently while my MDX was getting an oil change, and loved it.

... Alas, after backing our TL into a spot today, I took at look at the front axle and the left front boot is torn into 3 pieces. So, its done. Dont feel like paying the labor-filled bill to get them fixed, so this might be the end of our ownership of the TL.
so your TL has a torn axle boot and, instead of getting that repaired, you're simply gonna change cars?

You're just looking for an excuse to change cars? Cause changing an axle boot can't be more than $150

so your TL has a torn axle boot and, instead of getting that repaired, you're simply gonna change cars?

You're just looking for an excuse to change cars? Cause changing an axle boot can't be more than $150
It's been coming for a while. The axles were just replaced last year, it needs other suspension work, possibly yet another engine mount, etc.

I'd rather go for a new vehicle with a new warranty while I can afford it than put more money into something that might be worth $2k. It's the car that gets driven the most and the furthest everyday, so safety and reliability are important as well.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.