Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2007 MDX, my passenger low beam light wasn't working so i replaced the light. It still isn't working so i am planning on test the ballast and ignitor from the driver side. I however am unable to remove the ignitor from the ballast. I have tried pushing in the ignitor and then pulling it with no luck. Is there a special trick to remove the ignitor from the ballast? Any help would be awesome. thanks

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
IIRC the Ballast and Ignitor are a single unit in those years, The newer facelift model changed to a more generic ballast that was a 2 piece.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
That unit has to be opened in order to remove the Ignitor Cable:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
this discussion is well above my mechanical inclination IQ- all I can say is that I paid the stealership about $170 to get ONE of my Xenon (OEM low beam) bulbs replaced on my 2009 MDX when it had died a couple years ago...hope you don't have to go this route!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am interested in this. On my 2004 mdx i installed an aftermarket HID kit. Pretty easy to plug in the ballast to the factory harness and then connect the ballast to the bulb etc. not sure what a factory set up is like if i need to replace the ballast on my 2008. I am not even sure how to replace the bulbs yet or even what kind i need. My 2004 used H11 bulbs. Should probably figure out how to change the ballast and / or bulb sooner rather than later. Or maybe i can just swap it to an aftermarket kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone, i am going to remove the ballast this aftrernoon. How do you remove this black plastic bumper spacer? I have removed the three screws that are attached to the frame. This plastic frames makes it very hard to remove the last headlight screw. I was able to remove the headlight without removing it but would like to know how to remove it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts