Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please help me with this nightmare. :| My 07 X has a buggy tailgate where it sometimes decides to work but the majority of the time it does not. There was a post that remedies this problem by replacing the door sub harness wire (Part No: 32757-STX-A00). I ordered this part and had it installed by my mechanic and the power windows and tailgate would work fine... for about a day or so and the problem persisted. At that point, I didn't know what to do. I decided to take it into a Honda dealership and they quoted me 650$ for the work. They even did an inspection today and the tailgate somehow worked when in the dealership, but then after I drove it back home it stopped working again. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi X201s,

Any luck? I"m running into a similar issue. After the last battery drain, the passenger side window, locks, and side mirrors stopped working. my tailgate doesn't work either. I replaced the driver side sub harness last weekend using the great write up on this site but the issues remained...

If you found a solution, would you be so kind as to share :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s a door actuator that sticks which will not unlock tailgate- just flip which ever one remained in lock and then gate will open - it’s not a software but part problem for that part - you can hear when one starts to go as it sounds like a squeaky stretched sound- I have had at least 6 replaced in my 07 mdx and thankfully I have lifetime warranty with zero deductible

·
Registered
265 Posts
It’s a door actuator that sticks which will not unlock tailgate- just flip which ever one remained in lock and then gate will open - it’s not a software but part problem for that part - you can hear when one starts to go as it sounds like a squeaky stretched sound- I have had at least 6 replaced in my 07 mdx and thankfully I have lifetime warranty with zero deductible

Thanks! Also, kind if depressing for a Honda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts