Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting some opinions of mdx owners.

I have a 2011 mdx with 83k miles, with the technology package. Third owner and regularly serviced.
It's due to have the timing belt replaced and other maintenance tasks. Should be around $1,800-$2,000.

I will sell the vehicle this spring/summer.

Would you get all of that taken care of before selling the vehicle, or just have the new owner take care of it, and of course let them know about the needed scheduled maintenance?

·
Registered
962 Posts
As long as you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that the miles are true, I wouldn't worry. Do you have a detailed carfax or written service receipts that look legit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked over the carfax report before purchasing. Everything looks legit and the miles are 100% accurate.
The two previous owners lived here in the same area: Corporate owner for the first 5 years, personal owners including myself after that.
It does not look like all maintenance was logged, but looks like the vehicle has been serviced by Acura dealerships during it's lifetime, and sold twice as Acura certified vehicle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
HI, new here. Are these interference engines? Is it difficult to change the timing belt? thanks.
Ummm yes it is.. not to be undertaken by the novice.. IT IS labour intensive...
I am an avid DIYer... and I took my TL to the dealer to do it.. ... if there is an issue afterwards , you have some sort of workmanship guarantee
my 2c
J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts