Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The backup camera on my '11 base MDX has been stolen. I simply want to replace it it. I have no desire to improve it as it worked fine by me. There seem to be a wealth of easy and cost effective replacements available for everything other than this vehicle. The dealer quoted $955 installed which is simply absurd.
A local stereo shop can potentially splice a generic unit to the the cut cord for $250 installed but I'd prefer a more factory solution.

Any suggestion appreciated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have to say that this is the first time I've ever read or heard about someone getting their backup camera stolen! I'm sorry this happened to you, wow...

The OEM backup camera is listed for around $500 online. Here is a link: http://www.oemacuraparts.com/acura/mdx-5-door/39530stxa11/2011-year/base-trim/6-speed-automatic-engine/electrical-exhaust-heater-fuel-cat/navigation-system-rear-camera-scat/?part_name=camera-assy-rearview

Can't comment on how to install it or a reasonable price to have it installed, but $955 seems rather high because based on the diagram it looks to be plug and play.

If you don't mind me asking, how did this happen? There's screws holding the camera in and its on there tight.. Did they just rip it off or did they take their time and unscrew it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I heard about truck tailgates with cameras being stole but an suv? Crazy. If you have the time you could find a used factory camera on ebay or craigslist and splice it in at little cost or have an audio guy install it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts