Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Who installed it? You need to discuss these problems with them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Cartoys. I’m going to today. I’m nervous though.
Is this a good unit I got?

Edit. Update.
Took it to Cartoys. The guy found the noise problem. It’s the heater. He found the plug. It’s on the floor just to the right of the center of the dash. Well I don’t know what it’s called. The center of the vehicle. He unplugged it. No noise but then the heater only puts out hot air. The up and down temp buttons don’t do anything. The red and blue buttons. The temp raises from 60 to 90 still and lowers to 60 but the air don’t change temperature. Plug it back in and the sound is there and heater works correctly. But the sound isn’t always there. I have a recording of it in the voice memo app on my iPhone. It’s about 30 seconds. You hear my seat make noise when I bend over to put the phone under the glove compartment but then you hear the other sound cut in and out.

Someone stole the mast since I bought the car two weeks ago today I think and partly damaged the rear window squirter thing. It was upside down but Cartoys put it normal but the top has a piece coming off. So AM reception is terrible but does work. Where can I get a mast replacement and how much? I do have insurance with comprehensive but a $100 deductible.

Take care all.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you want to upgrade the Factory radio and have a Navigation Screen as well as BOSE (Touring Edition)
Then unplugging the radio causes the Navigation to blank out, which also prevents you from changing your A/C settings.

The resistor trick posted was specifically for that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you want to upgrade the Factory radio and have a Navigation Screen as well as BOSE (Touring Edition)
Then unplugging the radio causes the Navigation to blank out, which also prevents you from changing your A/C settings.

The resistor trick posted was specifically for that.
The issue really is when you don't jump the pins/cable with the resistor, none of the buttons on the navigation responds to button presses or the touchscreen. So you can't press the OK confirmation on the screen which essentially causes it to go blank. I had this issue when I first decided to replace my head unit and ended up putting the stock back in until I was able to research and found the post that had the fix.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Oh I see. I had already posted that I got a Kenwood head system and didn’t understand what that post meant. I got it from cartoys and they installed it replacing the CD player. Now I have both.

·
Registered
2004 MDX Touring
2 Posts
If you MUST have built-in nav and CD player, then I'd go with Kenwood Excelon DNX893S or Pioneer AVIC-7201NEX. These are $650-900 units, however.

But honestly I'd skip the built-in nav. As long as you have cellular data available when you START your route, the phone will cache data and should be able to handle spotty service en-route just fine.

I'd also not care about the CD player. If the unit had one, fine, but I wouldn't exclude a unit that didn't. If you've got bluetooth audio + carplay then you're going to use that for all your music, anyway. The CD player is superfluous. They add complexity and cost with little return benefit.

If you remove those requirements then you have a lot more choices closer to your $400 budget.

Pioneer AVH-2330NEX
Pioneer MVH-2300NEX
Kenwood Excelon DDX6904S
Alpine iLX-207

As a general rule I stay away from Sony. They used to be great (back in the 80's and early 90's). But once they came out with their Xplod line, they went to crap QUICK. I still don't trust them -- especially when there are better options out for similar money. As a side note, I laugh when I see Ford trying to sell Sony as their "premium" stereo brand. Ridiculous.
TOSS THE 2300 AND 2330 IN THE TRASH- i have the 2330- car toys sold me that "one" on the shelf. To good to be true deal. Everything is working. I learn about idatalink maestro as a solution for controlling my climate controls. Combine an 04 mdx with a 2330 and the solution is

·
Registered
308 Posts
TOSS THE 2300 AND 2330 IN THE TRASH- i have the 2330- car toys sold me that "one" on the shelf. To good to be true deal. Everything is working. I learn about idatalink maestro as a solution for controlling my climate controls. Combine an 04 mdx with a 2330 and the solution is
On the idatalink Maestro website, they only show a steering wheel remote adapter for aftermarket radios available for a 2004 Acura MDX. They don't show anything that replaces the climate control or other screen functions. Do you have a model number of the Maestro, and have you seen it working?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts