Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO..

i need to replace the power rear liftgate switch (around license plate) ...when switch is depressed it will not open the gate like before...the key fob and driver door switch still triggers power liftgate..so that is why i think the rear one is bad...sooo i have looked around the web and cant seem to find a how to ...so has anyone done this? please advise on the correct steps...

does the inside of the liftgate have to have panels removed to get to the switch or can it be accessed and replaced from outside by some of the screws ..our vehicle also has the backup camera which is right beside the liftgate switch

we have a 2010 acura mdx with nav and tech package

thanks
wade

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2008 without the power liftgate. I replaced mine due to the warning light stating liftgate open. The replacement was fairly simple. I needed to remove a couple of trim pieces on the tailgate and I think a couple of bolts. Then, I had to pry the panel off (a little scary). Unplug the two interior lights and put the panel to the side. The latch mechanism then gets unbolted and replaced. My latch basically fell apart in my hands once I had it out. For reassembly, I would recommend an additional pair of hands to help hold the panel when you are resecuring it to the hatch. It was not to bad of a repair. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts