Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just replace my 05 mdx front door checker and it was very easy and here is the pic below,

1,Remove the speaker grill
2 3 4,unscrew all six screws and remove the connector for the speaker
5, Carefully pry apart the mirror mount cover and use a flat panel trim remover
6,disconnect the connector
7 8 9,remove the plastic cover and screw. To remove the switch panel carefully. There are 3 connectors underneath so they need to be disconnected.
10,screw behind the plastic cover. then remove the screw. And then push the whole part to the right to release it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
11 12,There is a connector to remove. Also disconnect the inner handle rod by using a flathead screwdriver to rotate the clip clockwise and then up on the rod to release it:
13 14 15,then remove the panel and disconnect it
16 17, unscrew it
18 19 20, take the old one out

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
37, the old checker
38, the new checker
39, then Install the new ckecker
40 41, this is the power seat memory and the two screw was broken so i just the crazy glue to fix it

Attachments

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Nice write up tony. Thanks!:29:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
37, the old checker
38, the new checker
39, then Install the new ckecker
40 41, this is the power seat memory and the two screw was broken so i just the crazy glue to fix it
I mean i use the crazy glue to fix it .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes. the old one is damaged ,

the checker is not hold the door when i park on the little hill . and the new one is work very well i spend $55.00 for the both front door and the dealer want $ 225.00 for both, so i decide to DIY. why not to save some money ,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your steps and pics were perfect. Thank you! Completed replacing both driver and passenger side checkers in about 2 hours. Had hubby help me with one door panel and disconnecting a couple connectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts