Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2011 MDX Advance with 95K on it. It’s my 3rd MDX but first 2nd Gen. On trips over 100 miles, I am getting a “Replace Battery” warning/message which comes & goes. The vehicles starts up fine every time. I had the battery & alternator tested at Advance Auto Parts and both tested fine. The guy at Advance did notice that the original positive terminal clamp had broken off and had an aftermarket clamp had been attached to the OEM “stub” that remained. I have searched the threads as well as the internet but not found much in the way of a solution. The battery sensor fuse looks ok. I am tempted to replace the entire positive cable assembly but since the battery sensor is part of the negative cable assembly, I’m not sure that will fix it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved. I had a former certified-Honda mechanic do my timing belt, water pump & plugs. He determined that the aftermarket terminal is the issue. He was able to reposition it and get it on tighter and the warning hasn’t come on since. If it crops up again, I’ll replace the entire cable assembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts