Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please refer to my previous post:

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-third-generation-mdx-2014-present/124633-long-trip-issues-graphics-dashboard-suspension.html

I got this repeat issue yesterday, and this time I have taken photos and videos of the issue. The graphics on MID went bad for a while, at times flickering, and at times showing only black and white, and very low colors (pixelated).

My dealer Acura of East Brunswick, NJ - previously thought this was an one off issue and said they couldn't repeat it. Now I am seeing this again. This morning when I started the car, things seems to be OK! So, i am not much certain if the dealer would care but bought this certified for so much $$$.

I am unable to attach anything because it says security token was missing?!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I see white lines in the MID display towards the left .
Don't see in mine , so that's not normal .Did you try going to different dealer .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.. not just white lines.. the IDS selection screen is completely pixelated, and shows up more of the display issue than any other screen in my view...

remember of 8 bit color screens of the past?? or 256 bit color dept of the past?? combine that with burnt pixels.... is what i see... (another example - have you seen computers / games in the 1980's or 90's? - think about those screens, and the refresh rates.. and compare with now).

this is again not a persisting issue, but intermittent - happened 3 times to me in 9-10 months of time.

i do not see the display issue at present, and the dealer wouldn't know how to deal with it - as they or myself not able to replicate it. But the fact is that this is a manufacturing defect / defect within the warranty period, and I wanted to document, and have this known to Acura. Also, in my view this is NOT a mechanical defect. It appears to be electrical / with the LCD screen / connectivity type problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts