Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's exterior door handle stopped working on my 2011 MDX. I was able to figure out the problem after taking off the interior door panel: the rod that normally connects the latch mechanism to the door handle is disconnected. My question is about how to re-connect it. I think there is supposed to be a fastener that locks the rod into the door handle. Presumably, this part fell off (I don't see it inside the door, but there are areas I can't see). Does anyone know whether I can get this part? I don't see it listed anywhere as having a separate part number. If you want to see what I am talking about, elsewhere on this forum there is a TSB 09-043 which covers the door for the 07-09 MDX, which looks very similar to the 2011. (I can't include links since this is my first post)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think #6 is the fastener that holds the cables to the inside of the door. The part I am looking for is the "rod fastener" in the attached picture. I can't find a part number for that one. I'm thinking maybe it comes with either the latch or door handle assembly.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts