Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 2015 MDX SH-AWD, for the past nine 7 months. It is my wife's vehicle and I seldom drive it, but I detailed it this weekend. While cleaning the passenger side rear wheel I noticed some scuffs. I looked closer and there are several areas where the clear coat appears to be peeling off (not anywhere near where you would hit a curb). Also, there are three places that it is obvious the silver paint that ran (each one is 1-1 1/2 inches in length) when it was applied.

It looks to me (without being an expert) that this wheel was possibly repaired prior to me buying the vehicle (I bought it new with about 7 miles on the odometer). The other three wheels are perfect and it is hard for me to believe that they (Acura) would let it out of the assembly plant with the paint runs, which is why I'm thinking they may have been repaired.

Has anyone seen this and what do you think?

I will try and post pictures later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealers sometimes put after market wheels for exhibition and put the original ones back later during which the wheels can be damaged. That happened to my previous car (not Acura).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Any reason you're not taking it to the dealer? It's a 2015 and under warranty.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Any reason you're not taking it to the dealer? It's a 2015 and under warranty.
After several months of use, there tends to be no recourse with a dealer, especially if you haven't documented conditions of the vehicle prior to acceptance at the day of sale. :(

I would be pleasantly surprised though if they do offer to do something! The flaking could be easily ignored by saying damaged by road debris, the running paint would be a puzzler though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke with the dealership, they continue to reinforce my opinion on their professional customer service. They will be taking care of the damaged wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts