Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I MAY be considering removing the body side molding from my X (I'm not sure yet). I know they are quite functional and have probably saved me from dings, but when I see "naked" MDXs on the street, they somehow look better and I think it's because the mouldings really do break up the look.

I remember seeing previous postings about how to remove them (application of heat?), but I can't find the old posts when I do a search for some reason. I wanted to know if anyone has actually successfully taken them off. I'm terrified because my worst nightmare is ripping the paint off..thus needing a new paint job. :3:

Anyone done this?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
dmyles said:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I MAY be considering removing the body side molding from my X (I'm not sure yet). I know they are quite functional and have probably saved me from dings, but when I see "naked" MDXs on the street, they somehow look better and I think it's because the mouldings really do break up the look.

I remember seeing previous postings about how to remove them (application of heat?), but I can't find the old posts when I do a search for some reason. I wanted to know if anyone has actually successfully taken them off. I'm terrified because my worst nightmare is ripping the paint off..thus needing a new paint job. :3:

Anyone done this?
It's been done on here. Do a search. It wont rip off your paint.
You need it quite warm to ease the process. Use a hair dryer to warm up the area and pull back steadily, but not quickly. Start at one end and work slowly across the door, a few inches at a time. Don't get in a hurry, if you rush it or pull too fast you could bend the bsm and make it very difficult to apply again.
Clean up residue with isopropyl alcohol.
Reapply Zaino to the doors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts