Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The Zaino is on it's way, but in the mean time i have discovered a few traces of glue like substance on the car and was wondering what is the best way of removing this without harming the paint.

Football season is here and it is going to be difficult to pry myself away from the TV to do my weekly car maintenance.

Thanks guys in advance.

Go LSU Tigers!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had the glue lines left on my MDX on the top where the prep guys didn't get it all off after removing the white covering that they use for protection during transit.

I got a bottle of Acrysol from my son who works as a SA at a Volvo dealership. It took it off in a flash. It said on the bottle that it also removes paint overspray, undercoating, asphalt, etc. Of course this means that it also removes wax and any other finish you may have on your car.

The alcohol should work just as well. Any solvent type product should work, but any solvent will strip wax also so you'll have to re-wax. Just remember to not any solvent on for too long.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I will try these methods of removing glue this weekend. Got my Zaino yesterday. One more question, I should not wash and wax my car under direct sunlight @ anytime, right? Thanks for the tips gentlemen.

Go Tigers!!!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
You can apply Zaino in direct sunlight. However, don't use the z6 quick detail in direct sunlight IF it's really hot out -- it'll dry before you can wipe it off.

Same rule for washing, hot = waterspots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts