Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I could get my A/V equipment under the seats without having to remove the seats, but I don't think that will be possible now. How difficult are they to remove? Can anyone provide instructions? I understand from another post that you should remove the negative wire from the battery or else the airbag sensor will need to be reset by Acura.

Does anyone know how to remove the side panels from the console. I want to route some wires to the front dash.

I am not sure if this is the right section for this question. But I thought that this would be a fairly common place for people that have done DIY install for A/V equiement.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I installed an Eclipse 7002 in my MDX and had to take the passenger seat out to mount the brain. There are 2 covers, one in front of the seat and one in back of the seat that need to be removed. They just pop on. Just be careful and take your time working them off. After these come off, there are 4 bolts holding the seat to the seat bracket. You also will need to disconnect 3 wiring plugs. No biggie again, just take your time and snap them apart. The seat bracket is actually held to the floor with an additional 4 screws. You may or may not have to take it out. Let me know if you run into any problems. This applies to the passenger seat only. I have not taken the driver's seat out yet.

There are 2 panel on the console that snap off. They run from just under the dash to just past the front of the seat. They just pop off rather easily. Makes a great place to run wiring from the dash.

I have a CD changer that I am going to try and fit under the drivers seat in a little while. Then, I am adding either an indash DVD player or a PS2.

Hope This Helps

Douglas

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
slackass said:
I installed an Eclipse 7002 in my MDX and had to take the passenger seat out to mount the brain. There are 2 covers, one in front of the seat and one in back of the seat that need to be removed. They just pop on. Just be careful and take your time working them off. After these come off, there are 4 bolts holding the seat to the seat bracket. You also will need to disconnect 3 wiring plugs. No biggie again, just take your time and snap them apart. The seat bracket is actually held to the floor with an additional 4 screws. You may or may not have to take it out. Let me know if you run into any problems. This applies to the passenger seat only. I have not taken the driver's seat out yet.

There are 2 panel on the console that snap off. They run from just under the dash to just past the front of the seat. They just pop off rather easily. Makes a great place to run wiring from the dash.

I have a CD changer that I am going to try and fit under the drivers seat in a little while. Then, I am adding either an indash DVD player or a PS2.

Hope This Helps

Douglas
Why don't you just get a DVD changer that plays MP3s/CDs and kill two birds in one stone?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Eclipse does not make a DVD/CD changer. At least not to my knowledge. I am kinda picky and do not like to mix and match tons of brands.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took off those carpeted side panels and that will be handy for routing the FM modulator and remote eyes up to the front, but I think I would really like to remove the back panel to route some wires from seat-to-seat. I've tugged gently on it and it comes off a little. It didn't come out enought for me to clearly tell if there was something else to be disconnected before tugging further, so I left it at that. Does anyone have any experience taking this off?

I have a few more questions if anyone has experience. Im sorry for being a cheap a$$, (I should probably get the manuals), but I am already over-budget on my equipment.

1) Is there a 12VDC accessory wire accessable under the driver's seat. It was already suggested that I use the accessary plug from the console, but I can't figure out how to get in there.

2) Has anyone removed the interior bottom rear side panel. (The one between the C and D pillar) I played around a little tonight and I saw one screw hidden behind a cap. There is another cap rearward. I am assuming that if I remove both of these screws that it will come off. Is this correct?

BTW, MDXtrous, if you read this. I ordered the ST-2000 from lightav and I am wondering if the clips that are holding your diversity anntena on came with the unit. I can't even tell for sure if those are sticking to the window or clipped to the panel next to the window.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
TC said:

BTW, MDXtrous, if you read this. I ordered the ST-2000 from lightav and I am wondering if the clips that are holding your diversity anntena on came with the unit. I can't even tell for sure if those are sticking to the window or clipped to the panel next to the window.
TC,
From what I can tell, it's the clips that are holding the diversity antenna. I believe the clips came with the tuner, but if you want to find out, the best thing is probably to ask Ron from streeteffectz directly. He did the install.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just found out from lightav that Santeca has some kind of serious problem with manufacturing and many things will not be back in stock 'till the end of the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts