Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Has anyone ever used these specific blanking plates? Pictures look pretty good, but just curious if anyone has any good or bad experiences with these guys...

·
Registered
268 Posts
I actually made my own from push pin fasteners that I painted using the pearl white touch up paint. It worked great, except that the paint cracked off the playable plastic.

The second time I made them I primed them first, then used the touch up paint. Made all the difference. They are working great ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 MDX SH-AWD Tech package
660 Posts
Since my state requires a feont plate its not an option for me. But a couple of pan head screws with the head painted body color could do the trick.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I actually made my own from push pin fasteners that I painted using the pearl white touch up paint. It worked great, except that the paint cracked off the playable plastic.

The second time I made them I primed them first, then used the touch up paint. Made all the difference. They are working great ever since.

Looks great ..... nice job!

And how does the hood air deflector work .... is that an Acura accessory or aftermarket?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great idea I want to take the front plate of my TLX. I never installed the front plate holder on my MDX. It is required but I'm not gonna do it till I'm forced too. I like the beak front look.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I live in New Brunswick, Canada. Front plates have been required since forever but just this past year they changed the law for just one plate. Left a lot of people trying to figure out what to do with their little bumper holes.

That’s also why I have the hood deflector. It’s a genuine Acura part, but my understanding is it’s not sold in the US.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I went ahead and ordered these, since my original sale dealer only drilled 2 of the 3 holes and I value my time that would be spent using touch up paint and whatnot more than I value the $35 these cost shipped.

I'll post up pics when I get them done.

very much getting sick of looking at the empty front plate holder up front.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I recognize this is not very helpful to the specific plugging hole question, but my 11 Advance had originally come from a Florida dealer in a dealer trade and had a front plate. I just put a TN Titans plate they had sent me as a season ticket holder. So I would recommend a sports team or other replacement plate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I got them in the mail at the same time as my permanent plate, so I did all my "platework" done at once. The paint match is a solid 10/10.

Did have to drill out the screwholes and hit them with the countersink bit, but that was like 3 minutes. Longest part of the install was pulling the MDX into full sun for pics.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts