Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just wondering what I should expect to find when/if I decide to remove an old, busted up, flip-down DVD screen from my '05. I've already removed the DVD player itself by disconnecting its power and RCA cables, but the actual screen is still mounted to the ceiling/headliner. If I were to remove it, I'm assuming there will be a big hole with wires in it. Is there any way to cover them up with a dome light, perhaps? I'll probably just leave it in place if there isn't any reasonably good way to make it look nice, but I figured it was worth a shot as it is totally useless as is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If leaving it in place just isn't a palatable option call a local interior shop and ask about them putting in a new headliner. Don't know where you are located, but probably not in a southern climate or you'd already be familiar with how relatively inexpensive this is, usually a few hundred bucks. Yes, there will be an ugly hole if you remove it and probably larger than you can cover with a dome light.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, that's what I figured. I'll probably just leave it in place until I have the time and money to patch whatever may lie beneath. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts