Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a custom stereo and the 3rd row area would be a perfect spot. Anyone have experience with taking out the 3rd row? I did a google search which came up with people doing it on earlier models but not current models. I also tried to find a schematic that would show me the bolt placement but I still can't figure it out. I realize there is a subwoofer in the car already but I need space for a 3 cubic foot box.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i only have removal instructions for 1st and 2nd row seats.

i can imagine there are just bolts holding the 3rd row. check the bottom of the 3rd row for bolts. (ill have to check my own '14 just to be sure)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have pulled the 3rd-row in my 3rd-gen Pilot to expand cargo area for travel, and AFAIK construction is the same in 3rd-gen MDX. It's just a handful of big bolts. There are plastic covers on the front of the ones nearest the footwell and those just pull off toward the front of the car. You will need to decide what to do about the rear storage cubby. And you should either replace the seat bolts into the floor or otherwise cover the floor panel holes to prevent exhaust entry.

These instructions are for 3rd-gen Pilot, but MDX should be similar.

View attachment Third Row Seat Removal and Installation 1613.pdf

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just had to remove he second row captains seats today because one of my daughters friends decided to chowder all over the car last night. The plastic bolt covers either pull straight up or out depending on location. I looked for a write up and didn't see anything but it turns out its completely intuitive and simple. I would imagine the 3rd row is no different.

I know she feels bad but she didn't say a peep during the lead up...hit the window button, say you're going to puke and I'll pull over, anything for the love of gawd!!...it just sounded like someone poured a bucket out in middle row...it's all I can smell today. It went everywhere except the headliner. I think I spent 6 hours and got 95% of it out, enzyme spray for the rest.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just had to remove he second row captains seats today because one of my daughters friends decided to chowder all over the car last night. The plastic bolt covers either pull straight up or out depending on location. I looked for a write up and didn't see anything but it turns out its completely intuitive and simple. I would imagine the 3rd row is no different.

I know she feels bad but she didn't say a peep during the lead up...hit the window button, say you're going to puke and I'll pull over, anything for the love of gawd!!...it just sounded like someone poured a bucket out in middle row...it's all I can smell today. It went everywhere except the headliner. I think I spent 6 hours and got 95% of it out, enzyme spray for the rest.

YIKES!!!

good luck with the smell after the glorious clean up efforts.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Gross. I have a puppy and an old dog that like to decorate our home carpet, so I feel your pain. Steam-vac followed by enzyme treatment works, but the enzyme takes time and the stench lingers.

Unfortunately I think the carpet is all one piece, so not easy to pull the soiled part and deal with it outside the car. The padding beneath the carpet could be a problem.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Something we learned long ago - keep some kind of bags readily accessible from the back seat (back of the front seat pockets) for kids who get car sick. Even though we know our own kids fairly well you never know about their friends. We figured out that one particular friend would always get car sick when driving in the mountains so we were prepared for her with bags.

But even then you have the risk that the kid might not know the bags are there, might not say anything about not feeling so well, or might genuinely not know themselves until the last sec that they're going to throw up.

I hope you can get it all out - any lingering smell should fade eventually.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Luckily the interior is easy to remove. I'm confident I got a high percentage out, I can barely notice it. I really went to town on the seat, I was willing to replace the bottom cover if need be, but I think I got it. The only remaining hint is the seat belt fabric, I can't seem to get the smell out. But like ^^^Stang said that will fade over time. Don't really want to heavily treat the seat belt fabric with anything. Will be adding bags to the seat pockets!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts