Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience purchasing a remote starter for the MDX? I had seen some earlier threads on the subject but was looking for information on the best brand, possible pricing, could it void any MDX warranties, and where to get one purchased and installed. I saw some advertised by Tweeter but am not sure about their product or installation. I live in the Phila. area and Tweeter is nearby.

Rob.
---------------
Acura MDX, Nov. 2000
Touring and Navi.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Awhile back there was a thread about this. Someone got it done at their dealer. Try doing a search and be sure to go back at least 6 months.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Personally, I would think twice about doing it. I've seen extremely reliable cars turned into electrical nightmares after a little resistance builds up on spliced wires :eek:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Personally, I would think twice about doing it. I've seen extremely reliable cars turned into electrical nightmares after a little resistance builds up on spliced wires :eek:
I agree with Tim on this...Newer Acuras has really sophisticated on board computers and monitoring systems...I can tell all of you as am a perfect example of this...

It took me FOUR months to correct an electrical system because I had someone did some modification for me on my MDX to install a mobile movie and entertainment system on the X...AHHHHH

·
Registered
209 Posts
It was me

I had the dealer (actually the deal had someone do it for them) install an autostart. I love it still today and have never had a single problem in either this car or our 00 TL.

One thing I have found out is that the stock fob remote is very weak and not good to use to train a system. Yes, the seats would still autoadjust on opening the door, but you'r have to be like fifteen feet away to start it. Use the remote that comes with the system and just push the button after opening the door. You lose the valet key, as it's used to override the chip sensor. Or you could buy another one.

Look to my previous thread if you want the system details. And have it professionally done, spend the money and make sure it's done right by a reputable installer.

I remember when people were worried and changing their bulbs and voiding the warrantee... now everyone does it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts