Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

any recommendations for installing a remote starter for the MDX? Is it easy or will the installer have to CUT :eek: a lot of wires? I tried to do a search but was not too helpful.

Any suggestions on brand or place in the BAY AREA to get it installed?

Thanks,
FUNSUV

·
Registered
572 Posts
I did a LOT of research on this. Any of the "easy to install" ones are kind of hokey - and may not work that well. I ended up picking at AutoPage one - with the LCD remote. The range is INCREDIBLE. I can sit at my desk at work and start my car so it will be cool/warm. Plus with the LCD remote you know wether or not it actually started - it tells you.

Cost my 549 installed here in Phoenix.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
FUNSUV said:
hi there,

any recommendations for installing a remote starter for the MDX? Is it easy or will the installer have to CUT :eek: a lot of wires? I tried to do a search but was not too helpful.

Thanks,
FUNSUV
I have a remote start feature with LED status key chain included in my Prestige security system (see my sig). I can also start the X from approx 1 block away. You can get it installed for less than $500 at Platinum Alarm and Stereo in Oakland. :4:

·
Registered
153 Posts
FUNSUV said:
hi there,

Thanks,
FUNSUV
Do a search on "Mushman". He installed a starter that works with the OEM remote. Leaving the OEM remote intact. I think it cost him about $200.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I looked at the OEM add in ones - the down side to these is the range. To really make a remote starter usefull (IMHO) it needs to be usable when you're still aways away from your car. Starting it when you're 10-20 feet away does very little good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have two remote starters. One at home called Son and one at work called Tina. I too would like a remote starter but don't want to add to my key-chain. C'mon you remote starter folks you have to be out there. How about a little help here? Hey neide are you happy with the size of your remote?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Its slightly too big - but I got used to it. (I don't carry my regular Acura one anymore, just the one for the Alarm/Remote Starter).

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
neide said:
Its slightly too big - but I got used to it. (I don't carry my regular Acura one anymore, just the one for the Alarm/Remote Starter).
Ditto...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
FUNSUV said:
hi there,

Thanks,
FUNSUV
Check out the website www.clifford.com for either an entire system or just a remote starter

Check this link for the system I went with:

http://www.clifford.com/products/cp_sol.htm

The Avantguard4 was a little overkill with options and the cost was a little excessive. The solaris gives you the same technology with similar features and works together with the Acura alarm.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey paul123,
Can you post a pic of your remote starter along side the orginal Acura remote?
Thanks

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
buhmabee said:
Hey paul123,
Thanks
I'm not paul123, but maybe this will help...

The key chain on the left is my LED remote start/2 way paging key chain.

The key chain on the right is the approx size of the Acura key chain.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thank you mdxxxx but can you make the pictures smaller next time? paul123 would never have posted pics that small. JK, really thank you the picture really helped. Looks like I'll be purchasing the same starter.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
buhmabee said:
Hey paul123,
Thanks
This is the basic day to day remote the * is the auto-start.
The ** can be used for the windows or the sunroof/moonroof
500+ feet on the range, can also use the acura before the aftermarket. Or just the clifford will arm and disarm both systems.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
This is the master remote where you can enter the system to control specific features and different siren tones.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks paul123, you see mdxxxx that's how you post a pic. From my understanding there are three setting sizes for posting pics there's we, not so we, and FREAKIN' HUGE!
Thanks again people it's this kind of help the makes the price of admission worthwhile.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Good one mdxxxx, now that's what I call FREAKIN' HUGE!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi All,

I picked up my RedRock Pearl MDX about three weeks ago. With the cold weather out there, I am thinking of having a remote starter installed. But when I called my dealer up, first of all, they don't do it there, and secondly, they told me it's going to VOID my warranty. Have those of you who did have remote starter installed having any problem with warrantied repairs?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
zhangg3 said:
Hi All,

I picked up my RedRock Pearl MDX about three weeks ago. With the cold weather out there, I am thinking of having a remote starter installed. But when I called my dealer up, first of all, they don't do it there, and secondly, they told me it's going to VOID my warranty. Have those of you who did have remote starter installed having any problem with warrantied repairs?

Thanks a lot!
Will not void warranty if installed by an authorized dealer of the alarm. I would recommend the Clifford system. The Solaris is a reasonably priced system that will give auto start and additional security. Try the website:

www.clifford.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paul123,

If I read the Clifford Web pages correctly, there is a keypad installed within the car that supports the alarm (programming, valet, etc.).

Where did you have the keypad installed? How big is it?

I hope to pick up my '03 next Saturday :2: & I'm already paranoid about parking it on the street.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts