Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I noticed that when I start my 2017 MDX with remote start, I am unable to turn on the seat heaters. I have to turn off the car and re-start the car using the normal push-button start in order for the seat heaters to be turned on. This is a completely stock MDX.

Has anyone heard of a similar issue?
Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doesn’t the remote start automatically turn on the seat heaters if it is cold? Or is that just some model years?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've written about this before. It seems issues happen only on Advance (or Canadian equivalent). What happens is that if you leave the seat heaters on "Auto", they will work with the remote start and once you're in the car and initialize it (with Starter Button), you can proceed into seat heater settings and override Auto to crank up heat. But car stays OFF Auto after a shutdown. Then - sometimes - when you remote start and go into the heater settings, the buttons will illuminate (red) until you take your finger off, then they shut down. One must shut car off and restart and then heaters work. I hate to rain on your parade, but there is no fix for this. I've gone through many, many interactions with Acura, with them seeking assistance from their "Tech Line", and nothing. Modules and other parts have been replaced, some even twice, and no fix. They will not come out and admit there is no fix, because it would open a floodgate. It's intermittent so it's hard to demonstrate. I've even gone out of my way to take car to dealer when it's doing it. They've seen it, extract NO codes, but can't fix. There are videos online detailing this flaw and it's also on "top level" other Acura models. What really irritated me was that Customer Service denied knowing about this issue several times. I even provided them with links 2015 TLX adv v6 heated seat issue - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community Look at this video and tell us if it shows your issue. This video shows a 2015 Acura car, so problem has existed through several model years. Likely fixed with the 2018 or 19 infotainment interface changes. If the MDX were to default to "Auto" settings upon shutdown, this problem would not rear it's ugly head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts