1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Question for 2015 MDX tech.

Whenever I remote start my car I notice that my steering wheel is warm but seats are never heated,
Is this has something to do with outside temperature?

It's not cold right now but just wondering if remote start does comes with facility of heated seat blasting when vehicle started remotely.

My other question- No light outside the vehicle turns on when started with remote. Is there any setting within the vehicle to do so??

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions.

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both ahould be default off.
but I never noticed seats being heated.

Should I leave it on when leaving the car? Will that makes any difference?
I got the vehicle 7 month ago, my previous car ( Nissan ) always turn on the heat to seat according to the outside temperature.

·
Registered
325 Posts
check the owners manual. IIRC there are settings to determine if the seat heaters come on with remote start or not. And if so at what temps. I do know on my pickup, I have the remote start set to turn on the seat heaters when the temps are below a certain temp. Or they turn the seat cooler on if the temps start the AC.

On the lights, again check the manual. on available settings.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Huge drain on the batyery whenmstarting. Not a real good idea.
I believe this is no longer valid. The heaters do not actually turn on until after the car has started. You don’t have to turn everything off before turning the car off.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As far as I know, the seat heaters only work on “auto” mode when doing remote start, meaning the temp has to be a certain temp for them to kick on.

And yes, the outside lighting when approaching should be an option when you scroll through the MID settings.

Also, how did you get heated steering on a tech?!

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as I know, the seat heaters only work on “auto” mode when doing remote start, meaning the temp has to be a certain temp for them to kick on.

And yes, the outside lighting when approaching should be an option when you scroll through the MID settings.

I have Canadian Tech model with entertainment package, they came with heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My heated seats come on with a remote start, if they are set to Auto, and the outside temp is cool enough. Although I’ve never tried experimenting with what “cool enough” actually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My heated seats come on with a remote start, if they are set to Auto, and the outside temp is cool enough. Although I’ve never tried experimenting with what “cool enough” actually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, how to set heated seats to auto?
The only options I see thrre is heating level and heated seats off.

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
58 Posts
Climate control has to be on auto, not specifically the seats. It's a physical button below the screen.

Reactions: anii

·
Registered
341 Posts
Leave climate setting on Auto and seat temperature to Auto. See image:

Reactions: anii

·
Registered
334 Posts
On my 17 Advance, with the "Comfort" setting on, I remote start the car and the steering wheel is warm when I get in but never the seats. They only begin to heat when the seat senses my weight on it. What I don't like about setting the seats to "Auto" is that I like to keep the seat at the high heat level in cold weather - it's good for my stiff back. But as the interior of the car warms up, the Auto system keeps lowering the seat heat settings until it can actually turn off. I then have to take seats off the "Auto" setting and manually press the "High" level setting.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I have to double-check my 19 MDX Hybrid Adv. I thought it turned on the cabin heat, steering wheel heater, seat heater, and heated windshield for the 10 min remote time limit. We are still pushing mid-upper 80s in New Mexico this time of year.

·
Registered
341 Posts
What I don't like about setting the seats to "Auto" is that I like to keep the seat at the high heat level in cold weather - it's good for my stiff back. But as the interior of the car warms up, the Auto system keeps lowering the seat heat settings until it can actually turn off.
I have this complaint with the heated seats in Mercedes models too. If I choose to set the temp to the highest setting, that's where I want it. I don't always appreciate when cars think they now better than I do

·
Registered
334 Posts
There's another issue I have that I've written about in other postings. This only happens when you REMOTE START. When you manually set the seat heaters, taking it out of "Auto", it does not default back to "Auto" when you restart the car next time. Then, intermittently, the seat heaters will not go on manually. I hit the button, the button lights up, but when I release the button, the red light(s) go off. The only fix is to turn the car off then restart, then the seat heaters will work. Never seems to fail when manually starting, only when remote starting. In my year, problem appears only to the Advance package. Been to dealer many times, even drove it there when it wasn't working, but no codes were tripped. They replaced a boatload of components and never resolved the issue. Got to the point where they didn't want to keep throwing parts at it. I'm quite convinced there is no fix for it, but because of legal reasons, they just CAN'T admit it. I've said it before and here goes again: "I don't expect a car to be perfect, but I expect it to be fixable". If it wasn't for the depreciation hit I'd take, I'd get rid of it. There's yet another issue that is unfixable but I won't bore you with the details on this thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Just so you know, the heated steering wheel is available as a dealer installed accessory on the 2014 up (can also DIY if you’d like). I had it put into my 2014 tech (bought the part online for cheap and had dealer install)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts