Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent yet been able to read through the textbook that is the owners manual, but i think there is something wrong with my key fobs. on the touring package, shouldnt the seat go to the setting of the key fob number one or two depending which one used to unlock the door? when i unlock with my number one fob, i open the door, and nothing happens. i have to hit number one seat position on the door to get it to move for me. is this a simple problem to fix or do i need to go to the dealer.

absolutely love the car otherwise. anyone who is soon to get their 03 mdx is in for a treat.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I believe even the back of the remote FOB has instructions. Read your manual. You will be even more impressed with your purchase when you learn what it has to offer you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I received my MDX I had the same problem. I don't know why the remotes aren't set in the beginning?!

I think you have to hold the lock and unlock button down at the same time. HockeyPlayer is right, I think the directions are on the back of the FOB.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for your simple help. i guess i could have just read the manual, but i was so excited when i sat down to my computer to start talking about the X as a new owner.

hockeyplayer:

i may be lazy, but im not stupid. the back of the fob says nothing about holding both buttons down for a few seconds. it just says hold both buttons. however, that said, lots of buttons in the X do seem to require holding down for a few seconds.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
BELOSH said:
thank you all for your simple help. i guess i could have just read the manual, but i was so excited when i sat down to my computer to start talking about the X as a new owner.

hockeyplayer:

i may be lazy, but im not stupid. the back of the fob says nothing about holding both buttons down for a few seconds. it just says hold both buttons. however, that said, lots of buttons in the X do seem to require holding down for a few seconds.
Very true, I guess the space on the fob was too little to get everything in! :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Isn't that a nit?

Not to be a "nit picker," but your Acura salesperson should have shown you how to set up the remote key-fob when you took delivery of your X. It's actually part of their "delivery check list."
You can scoff, but it's little things like this that keep Acura from joining the big boys at the top of the J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction list.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Isn't that a nit?

Leader(in L.A.) said:
Not to be a "nit picker," but your Acura salesperson should have shown you how to set up the remote key-fob when you took delivery of your X. It's actually part of their "delivery check list."
You can scoff, but it's little things like this that keep Acura from joining the big boys at the top of the J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction list.
I don't have a the best memory and I have had to recall things months later, that I was shown during the 'check list' review when my dealer spent as much time as I wanted.
So I refer to the manual and/or forum in such cases.
I have dealt with 3 different dealers. 1 for sales, and 2 for service. So far have no real complaints on the service of the vehicle or the way I was treated.
I fully understand this is not typical of all dealers, by any means, from what I've read on this forum.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Isn't that a nit?

Leader(in L.A.) said:
My dealer went through this key-fob portion of the "delivery check list" and the dealership is not rated high at all. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts