Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. in the past few days I've been having problems unlocking my truck with the remote key and the actual key won't work to unluck the car manually. i have to keep pressing the luck n unlock for about 5 min everyday for it to start working. can it be the battery in the remote going bad?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It could be the fob, fob battery, or door actuator. Do you have it set in the M.I.D. to lock/unlock all doors with the fob or just the driver's door?

Do you have to get close to the MDX to get it to work with one fob (battery). Do you have to press the button 2-5 times to get to respond (fob or battery). If the doors are set for all, is the driver's door the only one not responding (door actuator). Are having the exact same problem with either fob (door actuator)? Are the other buttons having problems (lock, unlock, hatch, panic not working could be fob).

I had to replace my driver 1 fob because it took 2-5 clicks to get the remote to respond.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would have to click it more then 10 times for it to work . The lock , unlock nor panic would work .... Then the door key wont either . But when I hold the both button lock n unlock together then the little light would blink n then I'll have to try again about another 5 clicks or more for it to work

·
Registered
353 Posts
5 for under $4 shipped. Had a similar problem, replaced both and both work fine.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-CR1616-Lithium-Coin-Cell/dp/B0014WUYXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442438833&sr=8-1&keywords=Maxell+CR1616+Lithium+Coin+Cell+%285+Pack%29[/ame]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts