Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling our 2001 MDX (std model). We have started a small business requiring a van and I have a company car. Unfortunately, this leaves our MDX as the odd man out. We have enjoyed every driving minute in this car, but it is now sitting more and more.

The vehicle is in magnificent condition with 21k miles. The factory bumper to bumper warranty is in effect to April 2005 or for the next 39000 miles.

Originally ordered and purchased from West Chester Acura in West Chester, Pennsylvania. The MDX is Nighthawk Black with the middle tan leather interior.

Extras include the Acura luggage rack, Acura mudflaps, sunroof wind deflector, full hood and front nose bra, Acura chrome MDX plate, protective moldings on wheel wells, back hatch and all doors, rear cargo mat, and heavy duty mats in the front.

Adult-owned by non-smokers, never abused, never off-roaded, never used to tow, never used for business or hauling; purely a pleasure vehicle. Looking for a good home and asking $31,900.

Vehicle presently lives in the country in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.

Best, Jack 610-585-4863

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the Bear Market affecting interest in high-end SUVs??

We're beginning to think we chose an inopportune time to sell our MDX (actually works for me, as my wife is fueling the sale - I'd prefer to keep it).

Two weeks on eBay and several weeks in the local papers has produced interest mainly from people associated with car dealerships. Everyone acknowledges our MDX is pristine, but no one will ante up our asking price and the best offer we've had is $30,900.

I thought the MDX would generate a lot more interest, but I'm beginning to believe people who want one, can afford it new, and so present interest in used MDXs is lower, since their pricing is still high. Main advantage is getting a current production type without waiting or having to purchase forced options.

In a 8 weeks the 2003 models will officially hit the street, and the 2001s will drop in price substantially for this year. Maybe best to just start using it again and try to sell when the weather in the Northeast turns colder. Hopefully, the economy will turn by then, also. I'd appreciate thoughts. Anyone else finding this as a potential or is something else happening here. I don't think we overpriced the car, but...........

Jack McG, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Re: Is the Bear Market affecting interest in high-end SUVs??

mcgeej00 said:
....Two weeks on eBay and several weeks in the local papers has produced interest mainly from people associated with car dealerships. Everyone acknowledges our MDX is pristine, but no one will ante up our asking price ...
WRONG MEDIA!!!

Local papers generally have a bad record in getting newer cars sold, and ebay is a great place to buy vehicles at a NEAR WHOLSALE...

You need to target the areas that STILL have MDX selling at MSRP -- SF, SoCal, NYC...

Stress FULL FACTORY WARRANTY, Black /w Tan Interior, all the options you've got. Ought to easy get your asking price ONCE you locate the right buyer!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
wrong media

Great advice from the previous poster. We were shopping for an MDX for over 6 months - dealers, autoweb sites, Ebay, etc. and didn't see anything near as good as your offer. So we put down a deposit last weekend on an '02 because dealer was willing to deal; I guess the '03 has put some pressure on them and they want to clear '02 inventory.

I did shop in the Atlanta area and can tell you for a FACT, they are still pushing over MSRP and will only negotiate down to MSRP, with many forced options. Had I known about your offer, we may have reconsidered. I assure you, advertise THAT car in the right place, and you'll sell it in 2 or 3 days.

Good luck on your business venture. I hope you make enough money to buy an '03...wouldn't that be a great irony?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLD!!

:eek:

Well, don't know if I'm happy or sad. Sold the MDX for $31,500 this morning to a very happy husband and wife from Hatfield, Pennsylvania.

I'm staying as a member, because I'd like to own another sometime in the future. Thanks to those of you who offered advice.

Jack McG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts